THE ARKONA STRANDRESIDENZEN
General terms and Conditions
A room booking arranged by the guest and accepted by the hotel establishes a contractual relationship between the two contractual partners, the so-called Hotel reception contract.
1. These terms and conditions apply to contracts for the rental of hotel rooms for accommodation as well as all other services and deliveries of the hotels provided to the customer.
2. The rental of the rooms and their use for other than accommodation purposes must be subject to the prior written consent of the hotel.
3. The customer’s terms and conditions apply only if this has been expressly agreed in writing.
4. For the reservation of event rooms and related services of the hotel, our general terms and conditions for events apply.
Please request detailed information (Conference folder).
II. Conclusion of contract, contracting party, contractual liability; Limitation
1. The contract is concluded by the acceptance of the customer’s application by the hotel.
The hotel confirms the room booking in writing.
2. Contract partners are the hotel and the customer. If a third party has ordered for the customer he is liable to the hotel together with the customer as a total debtor for all obligations arising from the hotel reception contract provided that the hotel has a corresponding declaration from the third party.
3. The hotel is liable with the care of an ordinary merchant for its obligations under the contract. Claims by the customer for damages are excluded. This excludes damages from injury to the life of the body or health if the hotel is responsible for the breach of duty and other damages which are based on a intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty of the hotel. A breach of duty of the hotel is equal to that of a legal representative or vicarious agent. If faults or deficiencies in the hotel’s services occur, the property will endeavour to remedy the problem if it is informed or if the customer has made an immediate complaint. The customer is obligated to make reasonable efforts to rectify the malfunction and to minimise any possible damage.
4. The hotel is liable to the customer for the items brought in according to the legal regulations. However, the hotel is only liable up to an amount equal to the hundred times of the accommodation price for one day, but at least up to the amount of €600.00 and at most up to the amount of 3.500.00 €; For money Securities and treasures, the amount of €800.00 will take place instead of 3.500.00 €.
5. In so far as the customer is provided with a parking space in the hotel garage or in a hotel car park for a fee, no custody contract is concluded. The hotel shall not be liable except in the case of intent or gross negligence at loss or damage on the hotel grounds of motor vehicles which are placed on the premises or which have been ranked. This also applies to the vicarious agents of the hotel. The StVO is valid on the entire hotel grounds.
6. The limitation period for all claims of the customer is one year as long as the hotel is not liable due to gross negligence or intent or if there are mandatory statutory statutes of limitations.
7. This limitation of liability and short limitation period apply in favour of the hotel also in case of breach of obligations in the initiation of the contract and positive breach of contract
III. Services, Prices, Payment, on Bill
1. The hotel is obligated to keep the rooms booked by the customer and to provide the agreed services.
2. The customer is obligated to pay the prices of the hotel which are valid for the room and the other services used by him. This also applies to services and expenses of the hotel to third parties which are caused by the customer.
3. The agreed prices include the respective legal value added tax.
4. The prices may be changed by the hotel if the customer subsequently wishes to change the number of booked rooms of the hotel’s services or the duration of the guests ‘ stay and the hotel agrees.
5. Hotel invoices without due date are payable without deduction within 10 days of receipt of the invoice. The hotel is entitled to make accrued claims at any time and to demand payment immediately. In the event of late payment, the hotel shall be entitled to charge interest in the amount of 5% above the respective base rate. The customer remains entitled to proof of a lower damage to the hotel. The hotel may make a higher claim against proof. The customer remains entitled to proof of a lower damage to the hotel. Cash advance transfer and payment with EC and Maestro cards are free of charge. When paying with Visa and MasterCard, a service charge of 2% is charged, with American Express a charge of 3,5%.
IV. Withdrawal of the customer (cancellation)
1. The customer is granted the right to terminate the contract in compliance with the following cancellation conditions.
If the cancellation is cancelled up to 29 days before arrival no cancellation costs will be charged.
If the cancellation is made 28 days before arrival, and no resale happens you will be charged 80% on the booking with breakfast or 70% on booking with half board exception is the booking in the last minute area a free cancellation is not possible here. Instead of these lump sums, the customer is allowed to prove that a damage has either not been incurred at all or only at a much lower level.
Please note that this section will also enter into force in case of early departure.
V. Room delivery, -handover and -return
1. The customer does not acquire any entitlement to the provision of certain rooms.
2. Subject to separate agreements, the hotel room cover is not possible before 15.00 pm of the day of arrival.
3. The return of the hotel rooms must be made on the day of departure until 11.00 pm. If the return time is exceeded, the hotel calculates the customer 50% of the list price (price list). He is free to prove that the hotel has not incurred any or a much lower entitlement to a user fee.
4. In case of registration of several persons of group-travel-seminar-and conference-events the hotel must be informed of the participant lists up to 14 days before arrival or before the event. Political events must be clearly marked during registration.
1. Animals may only be brought with the prior consent of the hotel and with the calculation of an additional charge. In public areas such as restaurants, hotel bar, swimming pool area etc. animals may not be taken.
VII. Final provisions
1. Amendments or additions to the contract of acceptance of the application or these terms and conditions for the hotel reception shall be made in writing. Unilateral changes or additions by the customer are ineffective.
2. Place of fulfillment and payment is the seat of the hotel.
3. Exclusive place of jurisdiction-also for cheque and exchange disputes-is the seat of the hotel in commercial transactions. If a contracting party fulfils the condition of § 38 (1) ZPO and does not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany, the place of jurisdiction is the seat of the hotel.
4. German law applies.
5. Should individual provisions of these general terms and conditions be invalid or void for the hotel reception, this will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. Instead of an ineffective clause, an appropriate legal regulation automatically occurs. Otherwise, the legal regulations apply.